Kate linter plugin (September 28, 2009)
Just a quicky: I wrote a little plugin for KTextEditor which supplies you with basic error checking when you save documents. Currently only PHP (via
- usual tools for compiling C++, e.g. gcc.
- Qt development packages, i.e. under Ubuntu:
sudo aptitude install libqt4-dev
- KDE 4.2 with development packages for kdelibs and kdebase, i.e. under Ubuntu:
sudo aptitude install kdebase-dev kdebase-workspace-dev kdelibs5-dev. Note: You’ll need the experimental KDE 4.2 packages activated as of now, see for example the Kubuntu news on KDE 4.2 RC1 for hints.
- proper setup of environment variables, read this techbase article for more information. the
.bashrclinked there should be enough for most people
- For PHP support: a PHP executable which supports the
-lswitch for linting