Kate linter plugin
Just a quicky: I wrote a little plugin for KTextEditor which supplies you with basic error checking when you save documents. Currently only PHP (via
- usual tools for compiling C++, e.g. gcc.
- Qt development packages, i.e. under Ubuntu:
sudo aptitude install libqt4-dev
- KDE 4.2 with development packages for kdelibs and kdebase, i.e. under Ubuntu:
sudo aptitude install kdebase-dev kdebase-workspace-dev kdelibs5-dev. Note: You’ll need the experimental KDE 4.2 packages activated as of now, see for example the Kubuntu news on KDE 4.2 RC1 for hints.
- proper setup of environment variables, read this techbase article for more information. the
.bashrclinked there should be enough for most people
- For PHP support: a PHP executable which supports the
-lswitch for linting
Get the sources for the linter plugin from KDE SVN and compile it, using e.g. the functions supplied via the
.bashrc mentioned above:
- Support for more languages
If you know good linters drop me a note. But it would be even better if you could write your own linter plugin. It’s pretty easy, take a look at one of the existing plugins for a skeleton & documentation.
Right now each plugin returns a hardcoded list of highlighting-modes which it supports for linting. This should be made configurable so that custom highlighting modes are supported
make error messages more pretty