Wed, 01/26/2011 - 22:41
I wanted to quickly notify you all about the availability of KDevelop 4.2.0 final, you can download it here: http://download.kde.org/download.php?url=stable/kdevelop/4.2.0/src/ . Most people should be fine with waiting for updated packages from their distributor though.
This is a feature release with lots of shiny improvements and fixes. And - which is why I announce it now - it is required for users of the new KDE 4.6. So if you happen to use that, make sure you update to KDevelop 4.2 as well. Stay tuned for a full blown release announcement on the Dot soon. If you are interested in the changes now, take a look at this, this, and that. Thanks to all contributors who made this release possible, especially I would like to emphasize the contributions by new people - welcome!
Changes since KDevelop 4.2.0 RC1
- ChangeLog for kdevplatform v1.2.0
- * Milian Wolff: set version to 1.2.0 in preparation of release
- * Milian Wolff: remove warning that is triggered whenever the cleanup asserts for a proper removal
- * Adam Pigg: Save the status of the 'Use lower case filenames' checkbox for next time. Defaults to ticked as before.
- * Aleix Pol: Rehash every time, we can change the repository between calls, so it has to be calculated every time.
- * Aleix Pol: Don't display all commits in the OutputView. Makes the process considerably faster
- * Milian Wolff: don't add infinite number of rows of output, instead limit to 50k lines and only keep the most recent ones
- * David Nolden: Make sure that working sets are unique to the patch-review area before changing them.
- * David Nolden: Only try creating one parse-job at a time. If more parse-jobs need to be created, queue an event to re-try.
- * David Nolden: Delete the view _after_ emitting "viewRemoved(..)". This fixes a possible crash.
- * David Nolden: Also use the cache if the cached list is "empty", it means that no mimetype could be determined.
- ChangeLog for kdevelop v4.2.0
- * Milian Wolff: set version to 4.2.0 and look for kdevplatform 1.2.0 in preparation of release
- * David Nolden: Fix a very rare crash
- * David Nolden: Fix code-completion within incomplete function-macros, like "Q_ASSERT("
- * David nolden: Properly skip hexadecimal numbers in pp_skip_number.
- * Aleix Pol: Applied Valentyn Pavliuchenko patch to fix GLOB_RECURSIVE behaviour.
- ChangeLog for php v1.2.0
- * Milian Wolff: set version to 1.2.0 and look for same versioned kdevplatform in preparation of release
- * Milian Wolff: fix test logic
- * Milian Wolff: only take encountered declarations into account when checking for redeclarations
- * Milian Wolff: don't report use for same range as declaration of parent-namespace, happens with nested namespaces, fixes test
- * Milian Wolff: properly pass topducontext to update along
- * Milian Wolff: force updated range when encountering variable declaration
- * Milian Wolff: prevent explicitlyGlobal import identifiers for namespace alias declaration, fixes assert
- * Milian Wolff: prevent crash when visiting encapsed variables in class context
Sorry for not having a proper Dot announcement on time, I hope to do better for the next release…